2020 Has been a Unique Year for Sure
Like many of you I am sure, we have had a challenging year trying to keep things moving along. There has been a lot of positive interest in Aspotogan Ridge Golf Village and especially our Bayview Village 50+ / Active Lifestyle Community.
- The Golf Course – has had its best year so far – with people feeling Golf is a safe, fun way to enjoy the great outdoors, some social interaction and let those competitive juices flow
- Housing Demand continues to strengthen – there is strong interest – many wishing we were moving faster but understand
- Twinning of Hwy 103 – is progressing wonderfully – they have the portion from Tantallon to Exit 5A paved and will hopefully open in the next few weeks – they are now working on the section from Exit 5A – Exit 6 – which is our exit – this will speed up the 30 minute trip from Halifax by 5 – 10 minutes
The COVID Effect
The effect of the pandemic has slowed our discussions with our Development Partners and their willingness to move ahead with the Bayview Village Suites and the Duplexes. Everyone in this field has been a little cautious until we see that there will be some return to normality.
We are looking forward to a kick off of the full development activity in the Spring of 2021 – The Apartment – Duplexes and some Single Family Homes.
We now have our Rezoning Complete and the Development Agreement Approved so we can start quickly when the timing is right.
We Invite you for a Visit
The Golf Course will be open for another week or two and it is playing nicely. Give us a call if you would like to come out for a Visit – Tour – Game of golf.
- Ged– 902-858-4444 or Email Ged@AspotoganRidge.com
We have been working through all of the Municipal and Provincial approvals over the past year and are excited to see we area close to have them all in place. This will allow us to start construction in May or June.
Bayview Village – which is our 50+ / Seniors – All Inclusive Development will be our targeted starting point for 2020. We are planning to start with our Duplex Units, some Bungalows and the 51 Unit apartment Building overlooking St. Margaret’s Bay.
Stay tuned for further updates.
We have chosen one of the strongest Site Planners and Architects in Atlantic Canada – Fathom Studios are award winning with their designs. We are creating a contemporary design while still feeling like a small Village on its own.
- The Bayview Village Duplex Units – are Two Bedroom – Two Bath – Open Concept – 1,200 sq. ft. Units – with a garage – we plan to start with a grouping of these this summer – ready for occupancy August / September
- The Bayview Village Bungalow Units – we will also be starting with some Bungalows that will have the options of unique designs – ranging from 1,050 – to 1,450 sq. ft. – there will be options of slab on grade – some with basements
The plan is to make these units available for purchase or rental – the residents can choose what they would like. We will have some available for investors that may wish to own more than one – have the property managed by the Development.
At Aspotogan Ridge and especially our Bayview Village 50+ / Seniors development – there will be a wealth of amenities for the enjoyment of the residents and their guests. There are a number of wonderful amenities planned:
- In Doors – in the Bayview Apartment Building – there will be a number of creatively planned gathering spaces – kitchen – fitness exercise area – hubby shop and crafts area – lounge – indoor outdoor deck
- Outdoors – walking, jogging, biking trails – Pickle Ball Courts – fire pit gathering area – amphitheater – community garden – lawn sports – putting green – Active Play park next to the elementary school – Farm Lake activity centre – 9 Hole Robert LeBlanc Design golf course
Aspotogan Ridge will be a truly Active Lifestyle Community….