Fall 2021 Part 2
Development Timeline – 2022
It is hard to imagine and very disappointing that COVID has delayed our project pretty much a full two years. But we are confident that 2022 will be the year of full activity. We have more meetings this month with our Development Partners. We are hoping to have more definite timelines for each component.
- Estate Lots – we have 24 estate lots that are currently available to be built on – they front on the main Parkwood Drive road into the project – we have not started any significant market for these or any parts of the project until we are ready to go
- Bayview Village Apartments – This 51 – 68 unit apartment building overlooking St. Margaret’s Bay is planned to start early in 2022 and be ready in 2023 – it will include a lot of Social and Recreational facilities for the 50+ / Seniors Village
- Bayview Village Duplex Units – We are expecting these units to start construction early in 2022 and the first ones occupied by June or July. These units are planned to be Two Bedroom – Two Bath – Garage. There is some interest in making some Triplex and even Fourplex Units
- Bayview Bungalows – These units are also planned to start early in 2022 – and will be built out over the next couple of years
Aspotogan Ridge Golf Club
Our Robert LeBlanc designed Golf Course has had its best season yet. With a wetter summer, it is in great condition. I enjoyed a round of golf with Robert, Chris the Architect for our Bayview Village and Nick 3D Animation specialist. Was fun to hear Rob’s commence on the design rationale and all.
The Golf Club is gaining a reputation as a fun, friendly and challenging place to play. The Men’s nights, Ladies’ days, Seniors Day as well as all the Club events are creating a fun atmosphere of social as well as competitive golf.
There has been a good junior program helping grow the game.
All the future residents of the development get to enjoy the golf course at a reduced fee for being a resident.
The Future is Exciting
The disappointment of COVID delays is hopefully behind us and the excitement of next steps and the big kick off in the spring is just ahead of us.
This All Inclusive Active Lifestyle Community is going to be a wonderful place to live with your family and or kick off your active retirement.
For more information contact
Ged Stonehouse 902-858-4444 Ged@AspotoganRidge.com
Fall 2021 Part 1
COVID Continued to Impact 2021
We were ready to kick off the start of our development in the spring of 2021 – then the third wave of COVID hit Nova Scotia harder than previous waves. Our Development Partners became cautious about where things were going to go.
The construction costs just mushroomed, getting enough skilled trades and the worry about the markets. As it has turned out the markets were not only positive but so strong that prices skyrocketed and buyers from across the country were looking at Nova Scotia as a safe, affordable, friendly place for the next phase of their lives.
Our Aspotogan Ridge Golf Village is a significant project, and the Development Community has been hesitant to kick it off in these uncertain times.
The Planning Process Continues
We are still working with our engineers as well as the Municipality to finalize plans to get the whole project moving forward. There have been a number of Estate Lots sold and plans for homes to go up on them have gone through some of the same challenges to be assured of costs and timeline.
The Municipality of Chester is very supportive of the project and looking forward to the kickoff o the building. We are working with them on a number of pieces for the Bayview Village – 50+ / Seniors Development.
Hwy 103 Twinning Process
It has been exciting to see the first half of the twinning of Hwy 103 open and the second half now well underway. We expect by this time next year the project will be completed. This project brings us under 30 minutes from Halifax (Bayer’s Lake area). We will also be under 1 hour to the Halifax International Airport.
It has been interesting to watch the amazing work of cutting down hills in some areas and filling deep valleys in others.
2020 Has been a Unique Year for Sure
Like many of you I am sure, we have had a challenging year trying to keep things moving along. There has been a lot of positive interest in Aspotogan Ridge Golf Village and especially our Bayview Village 50+ / Active Lifestyle Community.
- The Golf Course – has had its best year so far – with people feeling Golf is a safe, fun way to enjoy the great outdoors, some social interaction and let those competitive juices flow
- Housing Demand continues to strengthen – there is strong interest – many wishing we were moving faster but understand
- Twinning of Hwy 103 – is progressing wonderfully – they have the portion from Tantallon to Exit 5A paved and will hopefully open in the next few weeks – they are now working on the section from Exit 5A – Exit 6 – which is our exit – this will speed up the 30 minute trip from Halifax by 5 – 10 minutes
The COVID Effect
The effect of the pandemic has slowed our discussions with our Development Partners and their willingness to move ahead with the Bayview Village Suites and the Duplexes. Everyone in this field has been a little cautious until we see that there will be some return to normality.
We are looking forward to a kick off of the full development activity in the Spring of 2021 – The Apartment – Duplexes and some Single Family Homes.
We now have our Rezoning Complete and the Development Agreement Approved so we can start quickly when the timing is right.
We Invite you for a Visit
The Golf Course will be open for another week or two and it is playing nicely. Give us a call if you would like to come out for a Visit – Tour – Game of golf.
- Ged– 902-858-4444 or Email Ged@AspotoganRidge.com
We have been working through all of the Municipal and Provincial approvals over the past year and are excited to see we area close to have them all in place. This will allow us to start construction in May or June.
Bayview Village – which is our 50+ / Seniors – All Inclusive Development will be our targeted starting point for 2020. We are planning to start with our Duplex Units, some Bungalows and the 51 Unit apartment Building overlooking St. Margaret’s Bay.
Stay tuned for further updates.
We have chosen one of the strongest Site Planners and Architects in Atlantic Canada – Fathom Studios are award winning with their designs. We are creating a contemporary design while still feeling like a small Village on its own.
- The Bayview Village Duplex Units – are Two Bedroom – Two Bath – Open Concept – 1,200 sq. ft. Units – with a garage – we plan to start with a grouping of these this summer – ready for occupancy August / September
- The Bayview Village Bungalow Units – we will also be starting with some Bungalows that will have the options of unique designs – ranging from 1,050 – to 1,450 sq. ft. – there will be options of slab on grade – some with basements
The plan is to make these units available for purchase or rental – the residents can choose what they would like. We will have some available for investors that may wish to own more than one – have the property managed by the Development.
At Aspotogan Ridge and especially our Bayview Village 50+ / Seniors development – there will be a wealth of amenities for the enjoyment of the residents and their guests. There are a number of wonderful amenities planned:
- In Doors – in the Bayview Apartment Building – there will be a number of creatively planned gathering spaces – kitchen – fitness exercise area – hubby shop and crafts area – lounge – indoor outdoor deck
- Outdoors – walking, jogging, biking trails – Pickle Ball Courts – fire pit gathering area – amphitheater – community garden – lawn sports – putting green – Active Play park next to the elementary school – Farm Lake activity centre – 9 Hole Robert LeBlanc Design golf course
Aspotogan Ridge will be a truly Active Lifestyle Community….